Christian Relief Uganda is a Christian charity which has been committed, for almost 20 years, to demonstrating Jesus’ love by providing opportunity and hope for the poor of Uganda at Maria’s Care in Kamuli, Busoga, empowering them to become self-sufficient.
"Anything you did for even the least of my people here, you also did for me" Matthew 25:40.
In October 2016, church members and friends gathered for our annual Harvest Supper – an autumnal feast of roasted squash soup, hotpot and wimberry pie.
Alongside our feasting and fellowship Rhona Marshall from Christian Relief Uganda (CRU) shared with us her journey to faith and God’s call upon her life which led her to many years of faithful service in poor villages in the Kamuli District of Uganda.
As a church we support CRU annually and we were inspired to hear the breadth of the charity’s work: from provision of education to basic food and clothing, from medical care to practical support for the elderly.
Rhona’s long association with the charity meant we heard stories of individual children, some now graduating with top notch qualifications, others discovering and developing practical skills in engineering or building, and each with new hope and a future. The evening raised £365 through the supper, donations and sales of crafts and goods from the Ugandan project.
You can find out more about CRU here.
Please continue to pray for:
- Those who manage the school, the Trustees of Maria’s Care, and the Trustees of CRU as they work to raise funds to secure the future of Maria’s Care.
- All the teaching and support staff at Maria’s Care that they may be diligent in their work.
- All the children at the school that they might work hard in their studies and benefit from the Christian environment in which they work.
- For the local community in Kamuli that they may be able to continue to support the school.
- For everyone involved with Maria’s Care that they may be saved from the corrupt environment in which they all live.